Weekly Progress Report

Last week, we prepared our project for the first release of the prototype of our cooking aid application which our group is going to present in our course meeting on Wednesday next week.

We fixed several code issues that our prototype had that were mentioned in our last blog entry. Speech recognition using Annyang and hands free navigation through the application now works flawlessly. Also, the Graphical User Interface was polished.

For the second release of our prototype we started to implement the retrieval of the nutritional information using the Wolfram API and also speech output using Google’s Speech Synthesis API. With the newly introduced speech output, the cooking guide will read the cooking instructions so that the user of the application doesn’t accidentally cuts his hands if he tries to read the shown instructions while cutting a vegetable.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s