Last week, after the intermediate presentation which was a big milestone in our project, we made some progress with the content of our application, and the application logic as well.
For our first recipe, we decided that it would the best option (and also most legal) to create an original content by cooking something on our own and document the steps using notes and a camera. This resulted in a nice looking meal which our future users will be happy to try out by using the first release of our prototype of the application:
Our application is now able to filter the recipe list by typing a search term inside the textbox above the list. For example by typing an ingredient name, the recipe list is filtered on the fly:
In order to resolve issues of the speech recognition framework we are using where our browser did not save the settings for microphone allowance we have to enable our backend to use https request handling. This way, the recognition engine will work flawlessly without constantly interrupting the user by asking whether he allows his microphone to be used.